East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has always had a strong commitment to public involvement in its regional decision-making processes. EWG’s Board of Directors make transportation-related decisions affecting everything from the vitality of the St. Louis region’s economy to the daily lives of the region’s citizens. EWG’s work impacts the region’s environment and neighborhoods. Public guidance and advice are a vital consideration in how EWG allocates millions of dollars to transportation and other projects in the St. Louis region.
Public Involvement Plan
The expectations and procedures for public involvement in the St. Louis region’s transportation planning and other process are outlined in EWG’s Public Involvement Plan. The Public Involvement Plan, which was most recently updated in 2019, specifies EWG’s public involvement goals, objectives and strategies and provides information on the agency’s approach to community engagement in the development of plans and programs.
Connect With EWG
There are several ways you can stay informed about open houses, public meetings, and other opportunities to engage with EWG.
- Follow EWG on Twitter and like EWG on Facebook.
- Sign up for one of EWG’s email newsletters.
- Local Government Briefings is the St. Louis region’s weekly resources for local government information and news.
- The OneSTL quarterly newsletter provides updates on the activities and initiatives associated with OneSTL, the regional plan for sustainability.
- The Where We Stand newsletter is produced by EWG’s research department and features comparisons of the St. Louis region to the 50 most populous metros in the country across a broad range of topics.
- Prepared for the Next… is a monthly newsletter on what has recently occurred and what is coming up next for the St. Louis Complex Coordinated Terrorist Attack (CCTA) Program.
- Check out EWG’s events calendar.