East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) complies with the Missouri statute that governs open meetings and records (commonly referred to as the Sunshine Act).
EWG’s Sunshine Policy
In accordance with the Sunshine Act, EWG’s policy is that:
- Meetings, records, votes, actions, and deliberations of EWG will be open to the public unless otherwise provided by law.
- EWG’s custodian of records, or designee, will respond to all requests for access to or copies of a public record within the time period described in the Sunshine Act except in those circumstances authorized by statute.
- EWG may assess fees for providing access to or furnishing copies of records in accordance with the fees and costs permitted by the Sunshine Act.
Sunshine Request Procedures
EWG will handle information requests in accordance with the agency’s Sunshine Request Procedures. EWG’s Sunshine Request Procedures provide information about our custodian of records, how to submit an open records request, fees that EWG may assess, and how to submit questions.
The Sunshine Act
- Visit the Missouri Attorney General’s website to find more information about the Sunshine Act’s requirements.
- Review the complete Sunshine Act.