The East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) library contains important agency documents including those from prior years.
What You Can Find in the Library
The library contains items like:
- Brochures like those that provide more information about EWG’s Title VI Program,
- Data like population datasets for the St. Louis region,
- Guides like the Air Quality User Guide or the Public Officials Directory (POD),
- Maps like those that depict the St. Louis region or land-cover data,
- Meeting documents like packets, audio, and presentations for EWG’s Board of Directors and other committees,
- Plans like the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP),
- Presentations like those given at EWG Board of Directors meetings, and
- Reports like Where We Stand.
What You Cannot Find in the Library
The library does not contain items that have an expiration date like:
- Applications for funding or project application workbooks like the application workbook for Section 5310 project funding, or
- Procurement documents like invitations for bids (IFBs), requests for proposals (RFPs), and requests for qualifications (RFQs).
If you are looking for a document and cannot find it in the Library, please visit the Staff Directory to find contact information for EWG’s staff who can provide access to the document.
For the most part, items in the library are in the following formats:
- Portable Document Format (*.pdf) for plans, reports, brochures, presentations, etc.
- Windows Media Audio (*.wma) for meeting audio
- Excel (*.xls or *.xlsx) for data sets
- Comma-Separated Values (*.csv) for data sets
If you are looking for a document in a different format (e.g. PowerPoint version of a presentation), please visit the Staff Directory to find contact information for EWG’s staff who can provide access to alternative formats.
How to Use the Library
To find items stored in EWG’s library you will need to use the search feature. You can search the library using the keyword search bar or using the advanced search feature. The more specific your search terms are, the more focused the result list will be. If you receive no results, try making the search terms more general.
Using the Keyword Search
- You can type in the words that you want to search for; separated by spaces.
- You can search the using keywords with lowercase or capital letters – the keyword search is not case sensitive.
- You can use quotes to search for specific phrases.
- If you search using St. Louis Regional Freight Study as the keywords, your search results will have all the library documents that contain any of the words: St., Louis, Regional, Freight, and Study.
- If you search using lower meramec watershed as the keywords, your search results will have all the library documents that contain any of the words: lower, Meramec, and watershed.
- If you search using “Transportation Improvement Program” as the keyword phrase, your search results will have only those library documents that contain the words Transportation Improvement Program in that exact order.
Using the Advanced Search
- You can use the advanced search without using any keywords.
- You can use the advanced search in conjunction with the keyword search to further refine your search criteria.
- You can select as many filter choices as you need to refine your search.
- If you want to find all the transportation plans for the years 2015 through 2017, you can leave the keyword search blank and select Plans under Document Type, 2015, 2016, and 2017 under Year, and Transportation under Topic.
- If you used the keyword search with the keywords St. Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), you can refine your search results by selecting Maps under Document Type and 2017 under Year and this will limit your search results to only MSA maps that are dated 2017.
- If you want to find maps, meeting documents, and reports about MetroLink, you can use MetroLink as your keyword and select maps, meetings documents, and reports under Document Type.
- Visit the Staff Directory to find contact information for EWG staff who can answer questions about specific documents.
- Contact EWG’s web master by phone at (314) 421.4220 or (618) 274.2750 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the library.