East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) is currently partnering with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) to bring a one day teen drivers safety program to local high schools. The program we have developed is called St. Louis Youth – Drive for Tomorrow. This program includes: Street Smart- a no-holds barred presentation that gets students involved in a paramedic led discussion on the importance of students making responsible decisions concerning their safety, Save A Life Tour -driving simulators for students to safely experience the effects of impaired and distracted driving behaviors, a pledge banner for students to sign to commit to being a safe driver and passenger, a $500 scholarship for one student from the Kaela Marie Archambault Foundation, a victim impact presentation focused on drowsy driving or impaired driving, and a toolkit for students to take away from the day.
Quick Facts about St. Louis Youth – Drive for Tomorrow
Who’s the program for?
- Any high school in the city of St. Louis and Franklin, Jefferson, St. Charles and St. Louis counties in Missouri.
What is St. Louis Youth – Drive for Tomorrow?
- This program is 100% FREE to high schools.
- A one day teen drivers safety program intended to educate and heighten awareness toward positive driving habits for new and future drivers.
What does the program include?
Where does the program take place?
- St. Louis Youth – Drive for Tomorrow comes to your school. We will work with you to find the space within your campus to run the program.
When can we schedule the St. Louis Youth – Drive for Tomorrow program for our school?
- Program directors are currently booking schools for the 2017-2018 school year.
- High schools are more than welcome to contact EWG staff at any time to discuss the program. While booking schools, EWG will give priority to schools who have expressed interest in the program.
Brought to you by: