East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has an opening for a Long-Range/Corridor Transportation Planner in the Transportation Planning Department. This position will report directly to the Corridor & Long-Range Planning Coordinator. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the long-range planning process and corridor and multimodal planning projects.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the long-range plan update and transportation performance management program
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing transportation data
- Preparing maps, presentations, informational materials, and reports
- Participating in discrete planning studies for roadway and transit investments
- Overseeing consultant work, public outreach, and agency coordination activities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of urban and regional transportation planning and federal metropolitan planning requirements
- Competency with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge of performance based planning and/or performance measurement
- Experience with transportation system and project evaluation and impact assessment
- Direct experience with community engagement
- Experience with corridor planning, complete streets, or transit-oriented development
- Understanding of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process
- Familiarity with livability/sustainability/equity concepts as they apply to transportation system development and design
The successful candidate for this position will have graduated from an accredited four-year college or university, with major course work in transportation planning, urban and regional planning, public policy, civil engineering, or a closely related field and will have 3 years of directly related professional experience or an equivalent combination of directly related education and professional experience. A graduate degree in a directly related field may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this position begins at $47,426 annually, with actual starting salary based on background and experience. EWG offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including: insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave).
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Subject Line: Long-Range/Corridor Transportation Planner Application
EWG is an equal opportunity employer.