East-West Gateway Council of Governments (EWG) has an opening for an Administrative Assistant in the Administration Department. The Administrative Assistant is an entry-level position that will report directly to the Director of Administration and will support the Director of Administration, the Administration Department, and EWG through performance of various administrative tasks. The duties include but are not limited to:
- General reception duties for EWG including: answering and directing phone calls while demonstrating professional phone etiquette; taking and delivering messages as necessary; identifying potential high priority calls and messages and making timely notification to the appropriate staff.
- Guest service duties within the reception area to support EWG activities like Board and Committee meetings including: greeting guests and visitors; determining the nature of the guest’s or visitor’s business and announcing their arrival to the appropriate personnel; monitoring visitor access; and validating/documenting guest and visitor parking.
- Administrative support duties, including: drafting letters, memos, and similar documents for the Director of Administration; and scanning and filing Administration documents; making room reservations; preparing, sorting, and delivering EWG incoming mail and preparing and sending EWG out-going mail; proper recording and delivery of time sensitive documents such as bids/proposals; sending faxes for Administrative staff; monitoring and routing incoming faxes; maintaining reception area materials and office supplies; performing office opening and end-of-day closing procedures.
- Print shop support duties, including: organizing, inventorying, and maintaining print shop materials; and completing EWG print jobs for meetings and projects.
The successful candidate will be:
- Familiar with general office procedures and equipment (e.g. copiers and printers).
- Proficient in using computer equipment and programs like Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel), email, and calendar programs.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to:
- Type at least 50 WPM.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment with inflexible deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with a diverse client base in both written and oral form.
This position requires graduation from high school or completion of a High School Equivalency program including or supplemented by basic coursework in computer/word processing, secretarial or business related fields, English and mathematics and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience. A year or more of college level study in a related field may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this position begins at $30,579 annually, with actual starting salary based on background and experience. EWG offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including: insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off (vacation, holiday, and sick leave).
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Subject Line: Administrative Assistant Application
EWG is an equal opportunity employer.